Pages

Monday, February 12, 2007

What would you do?

What would you do if admitting you loved Jesus meant an immediate loss of employment and all benefits? You'd be branded a fanatic and an outcast. No one would dare hire you.

To make matters worse, There would be a contract on your life - family members could kill you and no one would bother to investigate it as a murder. Your wife and children would be forcibly taken from you so you couldn't corrupt them.

To me it almost sounds like a plot in a Christian novel, yet it's a true story. Hearing about such a modern day martyr really challenged my heart. What would I do if writing about Jesus became illegal? What would I do if writing and speaking about Jesus meant certain death?

I'm not sure I could answer those questions unless I actually found myself in that situation. I'd like to think I'd be strong and face persecution head on...

What would I need to change about my faith in a situation like that? How would my praying change? Would I be able to forgive, immediately and completely as Jesus did on the cross? "Father forgive them for they don't know what they're doing."

I don't know how I would react. I DO know, I must be thankful for the freedoms I have and pray for those whose lives are in danger because of their faith. I know I need to strengthen my faith to be ready to meet life's challenges head on because it is too easy to simply slip away...

No comments: