Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Have A Little Heart..

What a wonderful surprise - a dear friend gave me a gift for Valentine's Day!

Betty sells Avon and always presents me with little gifts for special and "just because" occasions. This time it was a pair of loopy earrings. (Oh, how I love loopies!)

But I'm not sure which I like better - the earrings or the box. (It doesn't take much to make me happy!)

You see the earrings came in this wonderful little heart-shaped box. It's covered in pink fabric with hearts all over it. When you untie the ribbon on the front, it splits into two halves to reveal a smaller heart inside (a little box where the earrings lay nestled on a piece of heart-shaped foam).

Being a children's church teacher and speaker at women's meetings, I immediately began to envision all sorts of object lessons I could create with this box! (They affectionately call me Bonnie the Bag Lady when I bring my bag full of sermonette illustrations.)

I could demonstrate how our hearts can look good on the outside but be full of dirt on the inside (in a little baggie of course so I don't get the heart messy) ...

Or what about placing one of those mini Bibles inside to illustrate hiding God's Word in our hearts...

Or I could place a mirror with Christ's picture on one side into the heart and talk about how having Jesus in our hearts helps us reflect His nature in our lives...

Hmmm! I'm just getting started. I think I'll wear the earrings while I ponder this some more...

2 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Oh my goodness, you have awesome ideas!

A Life Inspired said...

I agree with Shelley! It sounds like you have the makings for another book!