Pages

Monday, February 5, 2007

A Song For The Day!

Have you ever awakened in the morning with a song in your heart?

What a wonderful way to wake up. The song that hugs my heart this morning is an instrumental I heard on www.soaking.net called Secret Places. I think this song is embedded in my heart because of the project I'm working on right now, a devotional booklet called Basking In The Son Room.

Each time I listen to that particular song, it transports me into that "Son Room," that safe, quiet place where it is just Jesus and I. There I can worship Him and find the rest and peace need to face the day (not to mention the peace and wisdom I need to finish this writing project by my March deadline!)

I am learning to rest in His presence and enjoy His company. It's a lesson I need to relearn every so often because the cares of this life tend to weigh me down when I get my eyes off Him. Those are the times I need to return to that place where it is just my Lord and I - to regroup and rest for awhile.

The neatest thing in the whole world for me is to share a good laugh with Him. I serve a joyful God - one who laughs! We talk together, laugh and cry together during this precious time.

I've heard it said that the writing of a devotional book benefits the writer more than it can ever benefit the readers and I think it's true. I thank Him for the lessons He's teaching me each day as I meet Him in the Son Room!

No comments: