Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Shining From The Inside Out

"Writing devotionals is more beneficial to the writer than they will ever be to those who read them." Whoever made that statement was right on!

I recently was invited to write one of a series of devotional books for those who want to deepen their relationship with Christ over an intense six day period. Being a writer, I'm not one to turn down an opportunity like that - so I quickly accepted, praying about the focus for my particular book.

The ideas began to take shape under the guidance of the Spirit as I began running into Christians who had just gone through hard trials, loss or illness and were in the recovery process. How could I help them "regroup" their spiritual and emotional energy to get back into the daily groove of life?

As the outline began to unfold and the writing progressed, I found my own soul being nourished and strengthened. Burdens I didn't realize were so heavy began slipping away. Unforgiven hurts were brought to light and healed. With the completion of the rough draft, I felt a renewal of purpose and spiritual energy inside myself. WOW! God truly blessed my heart through the writing.

Of course, now comes the work of editing, perfecting and polishing the first draft, but if I know God, He will use this editing process to continue the work in me, perfecting and polishing until I shine from the inside out.

God is sooooooo good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bonnie,
I enjoyed reading your blog today. We always seem to be more blessed than the recipient. Isn't that great! What a God we have. I found your blog through Christian Women Online CWO.

A Life Inspired said...

Bonnie, this is so true! I produce a newsletter for about 850 singles in my church. I've learned the importance of writing shorter features that are more devotional. Writing them takes me to an intimate place with God that is very rewarding and special! I wish you the best with your writing! Will the devotional be posted online someplace when finished?