Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

Tribute

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints...Psalm 116:15

He died quietly at home yesterday as his wife held him in her arms and sang gospel songs to him, occasionally raising his feeble hands and whispering praise.

I first met Orval four years ago when my became pastor of his church. He was a cheerful, faithful elderly man of 91 at the time, always in church. He and his wife always sat in the middle section toward the front - always with a testimony for the Lord and a smile on his face.

Occasionally God brings those special people across our paths who impact our life in their own quiet way. Sometimes we don't even realize they've left a mark on our lives until they go on ahead.

My life is richer for having known him - even though it was only for a short time.

Lord, may my attitudes and actions touch others for You!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the scripture you referenced. I have never read that before. What a wonderful story!