Pages

Friday, March 9, 2007

A Case of Mistaken Identity

O Lord, You have looked through me and have known me. You know when I sit down and when I get up. You understand my thoughts from far away. You look over my path and my lying down. You know all my ways very well. Even before I speak a word, O Lord, You know it all. You have closed me in from behind and in front. And You have laid Your hand upon me. All You know is too great for me. It is too much for me to understand. (Psalm 139:1-6 New Life Translation)

I received an e-mail the other day from a friend whose name is also Bonnie. I chuckled over it especially since I'm not acquainted with too many people with my same first name.

However, when we moved into our current church and community about 4 years ago, I was very surprised to learn there were not one, but two other women who shared my first name,and my last!

One of the Bonnies is married to Don (very similar to Dan). Her husband complained to mine one day that they were getting a lot of phone calls intended for us and the church. He wasn't too happy either, even though there was nothing we could do about it!

Another time, I applied for a job at the local Library. Though I was qualified, I didn't get the job - I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact they already had one Bonnie Winters working there? Might have been pretty confusing for the patrons!

I've learned one of my counterparts is involved with the SPCA. One attends a church of the same denomination as my pastor hubby and I . One of them used to deliver mail and both of them are about the same age as I am.

Though it's confusing to live in such a small community with two other women with the same name, I know one thing for sure - God knows me. He knows my name and all the details of my life. With Him, there's never any chance of confusion or mistaken identity.

Thank You Lord for knowing me!

No comments: