Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Coincidentally Yours...

Coincidences- Those minor miracles of God incognito! (author unknown)

A friend shared how he parked his car last night, then moved it. He wasn't even sure why he moved the car, he just did. At midnight a driver hit another car parked in that exact spot. Coincidence? According to this definition, yes! A minor miracle where God protected my friend's car by nudging him to move it.

I absolutely love this definition. When we use the word coincidence, it makes things seem haphazard, like no one is in control. Yet for us as Christians, God is in control of our lives - from beginning to end, from morning till the next morning, in the dark places as well as in the light.

Psalm 139 is one of my favorites because it lets me know there is nowhere I can hide from God. He's always bee with me and is always watching out for me. It makes His love special, intimate.

When you love someone, you delight in the little things - doing things together, just BEING with them. I know what my husband's favorite foods are and enjoy fixing them to please him.

The thought that God loves me so much, He delights in doing little things to please me makes me feel cherished and valuable. It makes me want to look for little things I can do each day to please Him in return.

"The chief end of man is to glorify God and to ENJOY Him forever." (Westminster Catechism)

Coincidences? NOT! They're just God's little love notes to us - miraculous little things He does to let us know how much He thinks about us all the time.

No comments: