Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

There Be Grandkids Here!

G-minus 7 hours and counting! In case you were wondering that G stands for GRANDKIDS!!!

Though I talk to Allissa almost every day, I haven't seen her family since the beginning of November when we visited them at their house in North Carolina. Today they will arrive here in a little over 7 hours, depending on the time they left down there.
True it was only three months ago since we saw them, but Samuel is only 8 months old and changing every day. I feel like I've missed so much of his baby days. The same with Eve, Jack and Abby so I really am excited to see them.

Let's see, for the next four days I'll be playing games, baking cookies, reading stories, wiping smeared faces and loving every minute of it. (I will try to avoid making paper dolls if I can help it! ) There will be gifts to open, meals to cook and lots of good old fashioned visiting. God was so good - He even gave us snow so the kids can tobaggon on the miniature mountain (a.k.a. the dirt pile) in our back yard.

Tomorrow night their two-year old cousin Avery joins the mayhem with his Mom and Dad (my son). And on Friday morning my youngest daughter and her hubby will arrive. It will be a whirlwind visit - so much to do, so little time! But the next 4 days will make the memories I'll hold in my heart until the next visit, sometime later this spring.

I thank you Lord for fresh new memories to hide in my heart and pull out whenever I feel lonely or alone during the wintry days ahead. Thank you for family and happy times together. You are the giver of good gifts!