Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Basking in the Sonshine

It's amazing to me how a little bit of bright sunshine and blue sky can make such a difference in how I feel! Today it's bright and beautiful with a coating of pure white on the ground. Even though the kids are all back at their respective homes now, I feel content this morning, enjoying the solitude and my morning coffee.

Maybe some of it has to do with getting back into the routine too - being able to linger with the Word, savoring the message of my Beloved and communing with Him. It's a time to regroup following the merry mayhem of grandkids and hectic holiday activity.

Whatever the reason, I will rejoice in this time I have to spend with Him. I will bask in His presence and just ENJOY Him.

What an amazing concept - to be able to enjoy the presence of the God of the universe - to spend time with Him as I would my best earthly friend, sharing my hopes and dreams, listening as He shares His heart.

I know not every day will be bright and sunny like this one. I also know that I will not always be able to bask in His presence. There is much to be done out there - wounds to be healed, souls to win, hungry people to feed and unlovable people to draw to His love. But for today I will cherish my time with Him, storing up His warmth and sunshine so I'm ready for the tasks ahead.

Thank you God for today!