Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Keepsake candles

Photobucket

I'm still working on Mother Daughter things for our Banquet on Saturday evening. These candles were fun to make and will look great on the tables so I thought I'd share them with you.

I took vintage family photos and made photo copies on regular copy paper. Using my Coluzzle, I cropped them into ovals for the 6 inch pillar candles. I pinned the photo on to the candle using 2 straight pins - one on either side of the photo so it wouldn't curl (The top and bottom of the photos don't need to be pinned.)

Then using my heat embossing tool, I heated the photo which melted the wax of the candle and bonded it to the photo - the surface of the photo copy actually absorbed the wax, giving it a semi-gloss finish.

Using my hot glue gun, I adhered lace, beads, ribbon bow and silk flower accent (Don't burn yourself like I did, LOL!) Voila! A great looking vintage candle keepsake to keep or give as a gift. I can see I'm going to be quite busy making these for Christmas...

No comments: