Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Babt Buggy Birth Announcements


Baby Buggy Birth Announcements - try saying that really fast five times...


I have a baby shower to go to Saturday and another one in July so I've been busy making baby announcements for gifts.


Amanda's mom said Amanda was tired of pink so even though "it's a girl," I decided to add a little green and purple. Of course I have to be a little traditional so there's a little pink bow for effect.


For this card I used the baby buggy stamp from G Studios clear stamps collection, embossed it with pink embossing powder, and matted it on a 1 - 3/4 x 2 - 3/4 inch piece of purple cardstock.
I created a second layer using a 5.25 x 4 inch piece of purple card stock with a 2 x 3.75 inch rectangle of green floral patterned paper and a 2.75 x 3.75 piece of plaid paper.


Next, I embellished this mat with a 5.25 inch piece of sheer ribbon, (1 inch wide) and a 5.25 inch piece of floral specialty ribbon on top. After adding the stamped image, I glued the entire matted piece onto the card base - a half sheet of card stock folded in half to make a 5.5 x 4.25 card.


Since it is tedious to try to figure out the placement to print words onto the card using my computer, I usually type a sheet of "It's a girl!" words and print it on vellum paper. I used 26 point Creative Keepsake's CK Jacque font for this one. Thank goodness for Xyron machines - I cut the words in little strips and run them through the mini X-shaped xyron so I can stick the words onto the card. They almost appear invisible.


Amanda and her mom are very crafty and may want to make their own announcements, so I'm sending 2 card inserts - one she can use as an announcement and one for a "thank you" All she has to do is peel the protective cover off the double-sided tape and slip the insert of her choice into the card. both are printed in the same font as on the outside of the card. I print the inserts on a regular sheet of copy paper (2 inserts per sheet) then fold and trim to fit the inside of the card so it looks like a liner.


Here's another idea - with the cards I include enough postage stamps so she has everything she needs to send out her announcements. I also have started creating folders or boxes to protect the cards, decorated with similar colors and embellishments. Inexpensive boxes can be purchased at the dollar store and recovered as desired.


If you want to do more, purchase those tiny glass seed beads in the colors you used for your cards and some very tacky tape - the wide kind. Cut a piece of the tape to fit the length of the pen's barrel, adhere and peel off the backing. Next roll the pen in the seed beads until coated - voila! A matching pen to go with the baby ensemble.


And now, on to my next project...

1 comment:

VIP Cards said...

Thanks for he post. Its a really nice to see the colors on this card. Its a good learning experience for me to read your tutorial. Keep sharing more like this.