Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crafty Thursday - Quilt card

Of all the card designs I like to make, this is one of my all time favorites, though it is a bit labor intensive. It was inspired by my growing up years in Southeastern PA - when we would drive along some of the back roads on our way to Lancaster. Often there would be a quilt hanging on a backyard wash line being aired out.



For this card, I used a black square for the quilt background and punched out an assortment of mini squares with my Paper Shapers square punch. The tree limbs were punched from brown cardstock using the Paper Shapers mega-sized tree punch and covered with shades of green leaves punched with the Paper Shaper oak and Maple leaf punches. The same with the butterfly and dragon flies.

I added some grass across the bottom and flower shaped brads for a little more texture. and drew a wash line with clothespins freehand across the top of the quilt.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find some quilt stamps? I have some ideas in mind and am looking for some cute stamps with quilts on them.

Happy crafting!

No comments: