Pages

Monday, October 8, 2007

Muse News

This is a big week for me as I attend a "Virtual Writing Conference."

In my early years of writing, I was privileged to attend several good conferences - the Montrose Christian Writer's Conference in northeastern PA and the Greater Philadelphia Writer's Conference, along with scores of one day workshops in various locations. But this is my first ever online conference. How neat to be able to sit in my recliner and prop my feet up while getting in on the chats and forums.

I felt like a kid in a candy shop as I ogled the workshop offerings several weeks ago. What to choose? There were sooooo many great looking sweets. I know I probably overindulged, choosing close to 40 different classes, but the good thing is that I'll take lots of notes and have time afterward to digest it all.

Looking over my choices, there are many workshops on book marketing - probably since that's where I am right now, trying to promote my first novel and getting insight on what I need to do better the next time around. Then there's the standard fare of How To's for the various types of writing I do. And just for the fun of it, I threw in a class or two on things like poetry and writing for kids - things I don't do often, but sounded interesting.

So if you think of me this week, pray for me! There's a lot to absorb and since I'm home doing the classes on my computer, there's a lot of distractions. Oops, my Sister-in-law is calling... What is that dog barking at now?...I really need to fold that huge pile of laundry...

Oh well, back to work!

No comments: