Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Good things come in shoe boxes!

It's time to fill Chrismas shoe boxes again!

Each year we participate in Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child project. I love shopping for the small items which will fill the shoe box for some child on the other side of the world.

Beginning in August when the school supplies are on sale, I fill up on crayons, glue sticks, scissors, pencils, erasers, paper and such for the boxes. As the time appriaches to finish, I buy other things like toothbrishes, toothpaste, wash cloths, soap, shampoo samples and other hygiene items and at least one toy or two.

It becomes a puzzle to fit all those items into a plastic shoe box that will close without having to sit on the lid :) But then they are finished and lined up across the front of the church to be dedicated in November and sent to the Graham organization for distribution.

What a fun and painless way to spread the Good News of Jesus! By purchasing only an item or two at a time, I soom have more than enough to fill a box. The children receiving the boxes hear the Gospel message of Jesus as they are being distributed. And the amazing testimonies that come back about those boxes! It thrills my heart to be able to give to the Lord.

Father, help me find other ways to give to You - not onlythrough finances, but through giving of myself to others. Help me to see others as You see them and to pray always.

No comments: