Pages

Friday, May 4, 2007

On The Road Again...

Decisions, decisions - all week I've wrestled with them. I knew what the Lord wanted me to do, but was having difficulty determining the "how to get there" part. Though I continued to pray, none of the solutions seemed right.

Then this morning, the Lord reminded me of a solution I had completely forgotten about - a very viable, workable path that He had already prepared several years ago - it was just sitting there, waiting for me to step onto it!

So why did I still falter and wallow in my indecision? Well, I guess I just wasn't ready to quit wallowing yet. I could avoid starting down the unknown path, avoid following His solution by claiming I just "wasn't sure" yet.

Once I realized the avoidance behaviors, I should be ready and eager to step on the appointed path, right?

(Hanging my head) Not really. To start down that path requires trust - trust that He knows what He's doing; that His hand will lead and guide me because He has a future and hope planned for me.

Thank God He's patient with me. He knows the difficulty I have trusting. He doesn't push, but just tells me the truth and waits until I'm ready to take that deep breath and plunge forward in Him.

So, here goes, Lord. Hold my hand will You? - I'm your servant "Much Afraid"...Someday maybe I'll be ready to live up to my new name, "Grace and Glory" (Hind's Feet In High Places by Hannah Hurnard).

No comments: