Pages

Friday, April 20, 2007

God of the Details

Ahhhhh! It's so quiet here. Tonight I'm sitting in my friend's computer room just enjoying the quiet.I'm on a mini vacation from my hectic household. Sometimes it's just nice to be reminded that even though they miss you, they can function without you!

Of course, I do have to pay for this solitude - I will be speaking for both services on Sunday at my friend's church. But until Sunday, I can enjoy the slower pace and shop till I drop with my former college roommate and best buddy.

I love how the Lord confirms His will through hundreds of little things each day. As Kathy and I sat at lunch, she was talking about being a visual learner - sharing words of scripture by using word pictures and stories that help her create pictures in her mind.

During the drive here, I prayed about the choice of a message for Sunday evening - wondering how the people in her church would respond because it painted vivid word pictures of Christ in relationship to us. Yet, after our conversation, I knew it was God's confirmation of the right choice.

How often when I have questions or concerns, He will bring a song, a person with words of comfort or some other confirmation that He is there and cares about my unspoken needs. He is a God who is concerned about the minute details of our lives - we just have to be alert to the messages He leaves all around us.

No comments: