Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Moments with God

We all need affirmations - to know we're loved when we feel unloveable, to know the Lord carries us when we feel too weak to go on, or to feel the strength of his grip when we feel like we're slipping over the edge. These Monday Moments with God are dedicated to a dear friend who is in need of encouragement - to start her week off knowing the Lord will help, comfort and guide her along her way. I pray they will lift you up too.

My Dearest Daughter,

To me you are as beautiful and pure as a wooly, white lamb. As your shepherd, I will provide everything you need. I will protect you when the wolves of life attack and drive the lions away from your resting place. I know that the rushing waters of the streams frighten you , so I will find still pools for you to drink. I will lead you to lush, green pastures where you can eat and be satisfied.

Stay close to me today and follow where I lead you because I am committed to taking good care of you. If you wander too far from my sight, I will follow you and bring you back on my shoulders because you are just as important to me as the other sheep in my care.

Remember that I know you by name and each evening I look for you as you enter into the fold for a time of sweet rest and each morning, I call you out by name. Listen for my voice.

Love,
Jesus, your Shepherd.

Psalm 23:1-3; Matthew 18:11-13; Luke 15:3-7; Isaiah 43:1; John 10:1-16

"The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green pastures. He leads me to calm water. He gives me new strength. He leads me on paths that are right for the good of his name.” Psalm 23:1-3 NCV

No comments: