Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I am...

“It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the LORD, you are safe.” Proverbs 29:25 GNT
Do you worry about what others think of you?
That kind of thinking can lead to disastrous results including fear, low self-esteem and failure to lead a confident , productive life.
To change how you think about yourself, try this instead: As you read through the Bible, make a list of "I am" statements that reflect how God sees us.
Here's a few to get you started:
  • I am important to God - Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw my embryo, and on your scroll every day was written that was being formed for me, before any one of them had yet happened." No human being I know cares so much about me to keep track of the details of my life like God does!
  • I am in God's thoughts - Isaiah 49: 14-16 "The people of Zion said, “The Lord has turned away and forgotten us.” The Lord answered, “Could a mother forget a child who nurses at her breast? Could she fail to love an infant who came from her own body? Even if a mother could forget, I will never forget you. A picture of your city is drawn on my hand. You are always in my thoughts!"
  • I am cared for - Matthew 6:25-26 " I tell you not to worry about your life. Don’t worry about having something to eat, drink, or wear. Isn’t life more than food or clothing? Look at the birds in the sky! They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t even store grain in barns. Yet your Father in heaven takes care of them. Aren’t you worth more than birds?"
Now keep going to see what other verses you can find that show how God thinks about you. Post your list somewhere that you can see it each day and read over it often.
For those who are constantly overcome by thoughts and feelings of insecurity and fear, seeing yourself through God's eyes will bring healing and a sense of security in the Father's love.

No comments: