Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Giving our all, Monday Moments with God

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.” Romans 12:1 NLT*

My dearest child,

You may think that I'm asking too much when I ask that you give your whole life to me - your body, your soul, your intellect, your emotions.

But I don't ask any more of you than I demanded of myself. I gave up all of heaven's
splendor to be born in human form in a stable of all places. Have you ever tried to breathe deeply in a stable?

When I took on your form, I felt the same things you feel - the warmth of the fire, the chill of the winter air, the joy of worshipping my Father and the pain of betrayal and death. I even experienced a moment of intense, excruciating aloneness when I believed my Father could not look at me because of the sin, your sin, that I bore on the cross.

Because I love you, I will never turn my face away from you. I will never leave you alone or forsake you, no matter how much sin you believe there is in your life. I have already shouldered it all and covered it with my blood so it cannot be seen again. All you need to do is accept that as a free gift from me.

Give me all of your heart, mind, body and soul. Let me hold them in my hands. That is the best gift you can give me - a living and holy sacrifice - a gift of worship and obedience .

You will find it isn't a sacrifice at all. I will love you, hold you, comfort you, protect you and lift you up as a good shepherd that loves his sheep. I will write your name on the palm of my hands and hold you close to my heart.

All my love,
Jesus

No comments: