Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Now where did I put my marbles?

I've moved often enough in my adult lifetime that I've become a pretty good/organized packer.

Starting with an empty box, I try to put a category of items in it.For example, I put all my writing reference books in one box. In another box I put all my paper crafting supplies. (Well, not all of them because I have a lot! LOL)

I always run into one problem though- those odd spaces left over where none of my related items fit. So I scour the house to find something 3 inches x 8 inches x 2 inches to fill the hole so the other items won't shift and get ruined in transit.

Inevitably, it is something totally unrelated to the other items in the box, like the marble collection that came from my father's childhood which I stuffed into my box of writing books.Yeah, well, I suppose they COULD be related - I try not to lose my marbles while writing... (Bad pun...groan.)

Anyway, I usually end up having at least one item per box that is out of it's element. Because of that, I need to be careful to mark my boxes with the main items inside plus the odd ones so I can find them while unpacking.

Most of the time, I find myself trying to order my life like the boxes I am packing. My personal experiences, my goals and my dreams fit nicely together inside a comfortable framework. But it's just like God to throw in an experience or "blessing" that I see as being completely unrelated to my life.

These blessings are sometimes rough, uncomfortable or out of the ordinary. But God in His sovereign Omniscience knows exactly what I need to fill up my heart and shape me into the woman He knows I can become.

When I take a step back and look at this unrelated item God wants to pack in my comfortable box, I find it really does fit. He always knows exactly what I need to round out my experiences, to give me a future and a hope.

Now where did I put those marbles?...

1 comment:

Kate said...

This is good stuff here. I like how you think.

Kate