Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

What? No Play Stations in Heaven?




I love those deep conversations with my grandkids.

Jack is 6 years old and loves Jesus. I'm not sure what prompted the conversation last week, but as we sat at the kitchen table he asked if he could play games on my computer. While he played one of his favorite games, he turned to me and began talking about heaven.

"When I get to heaven I'll be able to play with my Play Station whenever I want to. And if I ask Him to, Jesus will play with me." He was sitting there grinning from ear to ear, very serious about the whole idea. Jack loves to play with his Dad, but they don't get to play as often as Jack would like.

I didn't have a chance to respond to that because we were interrupted. But his mother told me today Jack brought it up again. "When we get to heaven, is God going to destroy the whole earth and make a new one?" he asked, worried about where he would live in the event of world wide destruction.

His mom tried to give him a 6-year-old version of Christ destroying the old earth and recreating the new heaven and earth. After reassuring him we would have a place to live, he grinned and said, "Good. I'll be able to play Play Station all the time."

"No, Jack," said his mom. "All of your Play Station Games are fighting games and there won't be any fighting in heaven."

"Aw, Mom..."

Dear Jack, I guess you'll just have to find something else to do with Jesus!

No comments: