Seems like every time I turn around I need a gift for someone. In the near future, there are two dear friends moving away, 2 new babies coming and a wedding. Whew! I'm gonna be busy.
So it's back to the design board. Here's what I came up with for my two friends who are moving - a set of lime and aqua color cards with plenty of room inside to notify their friends of their new address!
- 1 sheet white or neutral cardstock cut in half to make two 4.25 x 5.5 inch cards
- 2 sheets patterned paper cut into 4.25 x 2.5 inch pieces
- Scraps of aqua blue, white and lime colored card stock for birdhouse stamped image, mat, "We've Moved" stamped image and center strip between patterned papers
- blue embossing powder and heat gun- silk flower and brad
- gauze cream colored ribbon with picot edging
- 2 blue eyelets and 4" piece of aqua blue ribbon 1/4 inch
Cut and position two pieces of patterned paper on front of card and use a thin strip of aqua paper to separate them .
Stamp /emboss bird house image and mat it. Fasten silk flower in corner with brad.
Glue strip of gauze ribbon and birdhouse image to card.
Stamp and emboss "We've Moved" to lime cardstock. Use 2 mini blue eyelets on left side to thread blue ribbon through and glue to card.
Inside the card I like to use a liner which is one sheet of copy paper with the sentiment printed on it. I try to line it up on the computer so I get 2 liners which fold to fit inside the card, This covers up any brad legs or other messy things that might show on the inside of the card.
Just a note to let you know
Our new address is: