Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life is like a good mystery...

Photobucket


Today's Quote is:
“I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out -plans to take care of you . . .” Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message)


We see the smoking gun; hear the footsteps running away...then we as the TV viewers are led on a merry chase through the rest of the story to find out the elusive answer to the most pressing question - Who done it?


A well crafted mystery story has twists and turns, drama and excitement, but in the end all the loose ends are tied back together and there is a feeling of satisfaction that all has ended well. The end may not be what the we expect, but all the questions have been resolved, the murderer has been identified and caught and life moves on again.


The ending of this story doesn't just happen, though. It takes careful planning. There are clues which point to the guilty person - subtle clues which are given to us right in the beginning and then throughout the rest of the story but at times they seem so insignificant we may over look them. When we reach the end, we realize the answer was there from the beginning. How could we have missed it? Yet we did miss those clues.


I often think God has a bend toward the mystery genre as He writes the stories of our lives. He has a master plot plan all mapped out and asks us to trust Him to make it all come together in the end. Just like in the mystery story, He brings things together piece by piece, event by event, never showing us the whole scene at once. But when we look back on an answered prayer or life event, we can see His fingerprints all over it from the small "coincidences" to the major miracles He does.


The older I get, the more amazed I am as I look back to see the things God has done in my life. He really did have a plan which included the people he brought across my path, my education, the events of my life - all of it! At the time when I went through things, I didn't always understand. I couldn't always put the pieces together, but later as I looked back, it all made Perfect sense.


And He's not done yet! He's still building on my life experiences and relationships so I can experience the abundant life He has for me as His child.


Lord Help me to trust your mysterious and wonderful plan for my life!


***


This week, Susan is hosting “In ‘Other’ Words” at her site, “Forever His“. Be sure to visit her site and the links to the other women who have shared on this quote.


If you'd like to play along, simply write about the quote on your site, then visit Susan and leave your URL in the Mr. Linky box at the end of her post.

6 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

I echo your prayer at the end, Bonnie. Bless you for sharing.

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing such an awesome post dear.

Laurie Ann said...

God bless you for sharing such insightful wisdom.

Unknown said...

"I often think God has a bend toward the mystery genre as He writes the stories of our lives. He has a master plot plan all mapped out and asks us to trust Him to make it all come together in the end. Just like in the mystery story, He brings things together piece by piece, event by event, never showing us the whole scene at once. But when we look back on an answered prayer or life event, we can see His fingerprints all over it from the small "coincidences" to the major miracles He does. "

Isn't this the way life seems to us... He sees every course we will take, every detour, wrong turn and bad decision - and HE HAS A PLAN FOR THAT. Limitless is our God... Thanks for sharing your wisdom today and helping us to remember that a certain element of mystery is a part of the plan.

Blessings

Karen said...

I liked that Bonnie. Many times I've looked back to see, "Wow God really did have a plan for my life." They've always been much better than anything I could come up with. A true mystery worth waiting around for the end of the story to see how it all comes out.

Susan said...

Hey Bonnie,

This was great!!!! Thanks so much for participating today. I really enjoyed your post.

Loaded with so much TRUTH.

Thanks so much♥