Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008

"We've Moved" note cards

Sunday we will say goodbye to our associate pastor and his wife. They feel God's leading to the city of Detroit to work with an inner city work.

Talk about culture shock! From small town, rural PA to inner city... But they are up to it, since both of them are from metropolitan areas. They are young and energetic, a good fit for their new ministry and I look for God to use them mightily.

For me it means saying goodbye. I will miss them and wanted to give them a going away gift. Since cards are my thing, I decided to create some note cards Brooke could send out to let her friends and family know her new address - a great personal handcrafted gift to say, "I love you and will miss you."

Photobucket

Starting with half of an 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of light green parchment card stock folded to create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card. I used a 5 inch piece of wired #40 green ribbon as an accent on the side.

The stamped image is by Stampendous which I colored with watercolor pencils. I embossed the "We've moved" wording with green embossing powder. The stamp is by Rubber Stampede.
After matting the stamped image with a dark green card stock, I attached it to the card with 6 gold eyelets.

For the inside, I like to line my cards to cover any brad legs or eyelets, etc, so I type my message on half of an 8 1/ x 11 inch sheet of copier paper (Each sheet will do 2 cards) then I trim the messages so they are slightly smaller than the card and glue them in place using a dot or 2 of glue.)

God bless you Brooke and Steve - you will be missed!

No comments: