Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

The icing on my Easter Cake!

What a beautiful Easter Service we experienced yesterday, celebrating the resurrection of Jesus.

The most inspiring part of the service for me were the words of the song our ensemble sang from the mini-cantata, Because He Lives:

Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
Sin has been defeated the enemy has failed.
Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
Sin has been defeated, The Lamb has prevailed!

The Easter Message, coupled with the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit and the fellowship of believers, it was a blessed day.

But I think the frosting on the cake came this morning as I met a new friend online from Bangladesh. He shared photos on his blog of a large crowd of believers standing with hands raised and joyous expressions on their faces, celebrating Christ's resurrection at an early morning sunrise service in his community. No doubt many of them walked a long way in the predawn to get there. I sensed how important of a celebration it was for them.


As I looked at those photos, I felt as though I was one with them, my heart singing praises to the Lord: "Sin has been defeated, the Lamb has prevailed!"

No comments: