Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Find your strength in the Lord - Monday Moments with God

My Dearest Child,

Are you sad today?

Think about me and our relationship. Think about who I AM and my great power. Think about how much I love you - enough to leave all heaven's splendor to become like a human infant, helpless and dependent on my earthly parents for food and protection.

I know what it's like to feel limited and alone. As I hung on the cross, it felt like my heavenly Father looked the other way and for one awful, eternal moment, I hung there alone, forsaken. That's why I will never leave you or forsake you.

My Child, come to me. Look at me. Cry out to me. Tell me about your dreams, your hopes for the future. Confide your deepest hurts to me. I will listen to you and together we will work toward your future and your hope.

When you do this, I will help you grow strong and tall, like a mighty oak tree that's planted next to a cool refreshing stream of water. You won't lose your hope like the autumn leaves falling from the trees, but your hope will be firmly rooted in me and nothing will shake you.

Love,
Jesus

*Philippians 2:6-9, Jeremiah 11:29, Psalm 1, Psalm 22

No comments: