Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

God's Open-Door Policy...

“[Asking, seeking, knocking] “Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Whoever seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door is opened.” Matthew 7:7-8 CEB

Have you ever misplaced your keys, or some important paperwork you needed? I seem to misplace 
things all the time, and boy, is it frustrating!

Key in LockI begin by turning every place they should be upside-down, then checking all the places they might be, then checking in the more unlikely places. What really frustrates me is when I know I've only been to 2 or 3 places in the house and my keys HAVE TO be there somewhere, but they're not visible.

I've learned a secret though. Before I start to panic because I can't find an item, I pray. God is supposed to know my every move, yes, every hair on my head. Surely he must know where I put those pesky keys.

Perhaps it's the act of slowing down or stopping the mad dash to find the keys that helps me remember where I left them. Added to it is the fact that God really does know where they are and he cares about me. But I must say that prayer has never failed. I always find what I'm looking for - eventually. I have my keys today as proof. LOL!

The thing is that God has an open-door policy. We can always come to him and ask anything and he will answer. When we are searching for something, he will lead us to the answer. But it requires us to do some things.
  • We must ask. Nothing is too small or silly to ask God. Nothing is too big or impossible for him to accomplish. The only thing limited is our own mind or our willingness to ask.
  • What we seek must be important to us so that we will keep on looking until we find the answer. Persistence pays off.
  • We must get past the idea of being a "bother" to God. I don't like to knock on people's doors after 9 PM at night or before 9 AM in the morning - eve if it's important - because I might "bother" them. I'm the same way with phone calls. But God says "Don't hesitate to knock." He's always at home, always willing to receive us and listen to /answer our cries for help.
If it's important to us, it's important to God.

Thank you Lord, for having an "open-door" policy.

No comments: