Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

A portion of eternal proportions

Before I started blogging this morning, I happened to read two interesting MSN articles  because they dealt with frugal living, a subject near and dear to my heart.

Food items shrink - but prices don't  pointed out some interesting things I already
Removing Pizza from the Ovensuspected about the psychology of food packaging - ways we are being tricked into paying more for less product.   

Duh!  I've seen those commercials for pizza sliders and shook my head at the irony of it all. Since they are "cute," I might just have to make my own for far less cost  (and calories) and freeze them if I need a "convenient" snack.

The article, 10 ways to prepare for a meat shortage, basically offered frugal suggestions to stretch your  meat purchases in case  there are slim pickings at the meat counter because of government sequester measures.

Hmmmm! Again, I had to laugh to myself because I already do all of the things they suggest like stocking up on the weekly meat specials,  repackaging them in family sized meal portions, and checking for those meats that are reduced in price because they're nearing the sell-by date.

Then I read today's verse: Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.  My flesh and my heart may fail,  but God is the strength of my heart  and my portion forever.         Psalm 73:25-26 NIV

I especially love the last part of the verse - God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Isn't it great to know that there is one thing in this whole earth that  can never be sold at a higher price for a smaller portion? God will always be there in all his fullness, in all his power. He is our portion - exactly what we need for each day - forever!

We don't ever have to settle for less of him. As a matter of fact, as things get more difficult in our daily lives, he is there to fill us with more of his presence and grace to help us live fuller, more abundant lives in spite of cutbacks, trials or tribulations.

God IS the strength of my heart and a portion of eternal proportions!  Forever. Amen.

No comments: